Does the Lexplore Analytics assessment link to any guided reading schemes?
Within each pupil’s reading profile, teachers will be able to find a Lexplore score, providing an absolute measure of their progress. This score can easily be aligned to existing reading level frameworks and guided reading schemes.
In the table below you will be able to see how our assessment results align with the UKs’ most successful reading scheme, The Oxford Reading Tree.
To find out more about selecting relevant reading material for children following their Lexplore assessment please get in touch with our friendly team. You can also visit The Oxford Reading Tree’s website for more information.
Is Lexplore Intensive included with the assessment?
The Lexplore Analytics assessment can be purchased in two packages, basic and core. Access to Lexplore Intensive, both as a digital and paper-based programme, is included as standard for all Core customers.
For more information on our package options and details of the additional materials, they contain please get in touch with our friendly team
Can I use any additional school funding to purchase the assessment?
Many of our customers use a variety of different funding pots when purchasing our assessment. These tend to include pupil premium, SEND funding, as well as the new catch-up and recovery curriculum funding.
For more information and guidance when it comes to funding please do get in touch with our team who can provide some options specific to your school.
Our award-winning assessment and dedicated interventions programme is available privately for parents who might have concerns over their child’s reading or are simply interested to know more so they can provide better literacy support at home.
We have lots of exciting private options available including follow-up support with our specialist consultants.
Can I use Lexplore results for JCQ access arrangements?
” Although results from the Lexplore Assessment cannot be used to award access arrangements, i.e 25% extra time and/or a scribe. A SENCO can certainly refer to test results when painting a picture of a candidate’s specific needs. “
Schools are indeed using Lexplore results to provide evidence for Access Arrangements. Our results can be used to support a teacher’s knowledge of a pupil’s specific abilities and needs, whilst helping to answer the following 7 questions about a pupil. See below, the specific questions, in bold, that Lexplore results can provide the answers for.
1. Can the pupil respond appropriately to a simple request or instruction given in English, without being prompted or aided by an interpreter or translator?
2. Does the pupil have a hearing impairment that prevents them from being able to respond appropriately to a simple question or instruction given in English, without being prompted or aided by a communicator or sign language interpreter or having to lip read?
3. Does the pupil need braille and/or enlarged print in order to read and understand the text?
4. Can the pupil focus on a task, which requires them to work independently and without interruption, for at least 15 minutes without being prompted to stay on task?
5. Is the pupil prevented from being able to write independently at a speed of more than 10 words per minute by a physical, motor skill, or learning disability?
6. Can the pupil read age-appropriate texts aloud and fluently, at a speed of 90 words per minute, without making errors, or with very few errors (this means less than 5 errors per 20 words).
7. Does the pupil have difficulty processing information, which prevents them from being able to answer questions on practice key stage 2 tests, even when they are allowed to refer back to the questions?
” Lexplore is an excellent tool for assessing whether pupils require extra time in SATs tests. You can quickly determine whether a pupil is reading quickly enough and know that you will have an accurate, objective answer alongside the evidence base to prove this. “
” For KS1 and KS2 tests, access arrangements are based on normal classroom practice for pupils. Schools are not required to have external reports as evidence for access arrangements in the tests. We trust school leaders to choose the products and programmes that best suits the needs of their “
A quick 30-minute online demonstration gives you the opportunity to explore our assessment and results portal, ask any questions you might have, and find out how Lexplore Analytics could work for your school.
Our award-winning assessment now comes complete with a dedicated interventions package, which aligns with our assessment outcomes to support both emerging and fluent readers in their development.
Lexplore Intensive has been pioneered by experienced SENDCOs, literacy leaders, and dyslexia specialists, to support precision teaching. With no lesson plans required, the programme is ready to go if you’re a classroom teacher or TA.
Our assessment can be carried out within the school environment. We just recommend examiners set themselves up in a quiet room close to the class from where pupils will be leaving and re-joining their lesson. This ensures there is little disruption to learning.
As the assessment only takes a matter of minutes, pupils can return to class once they have completed the reading activity. More information about the setup of the assessment can be found in the testing environment and information you have access to as a Lexplore Customer.
What if a pupil does not have English as a first language?
Our assessment can offer a fresh perspective when it comes to assessing pupils with English as an additional language. With powerful algorithms, able to provide fully objective results, we can offer the same exciting insight into reading regardless of children’s different backgrounds and situations.
” We want to root out any reading difficulties as soon as we can so we can help pupils make progress. Lexplore Analytics provides us with a completely unbiased way to assess our children “