In order to better provide you with our numerous services, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (Non-PII). PII refers to information that lets us know exactly who you are. Non-PII refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Nonetheless, our primary goal in collecting either PII or Non-PII from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using the Website and providing you our services.
We use your PII to provide our services to you and for no other purposes. Rest assured that we DO NOT and WILL NOT share your PII with anyone other than our affiliated educational organizations.
The importance of security for all PII associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. So, you can rest assured that your PII is secure, consistent with current industry standards.
If we collect PII from children 13 years of age or under, their parents always may review or have deleted their child’s PII, or refuse to permit the further collection or use of it.
What information might be collected?
Lexplore customers will provide student name, birthdate, grade level, teacher’s name, school name and district/county name. This information is available only to certified examiners and others with login access, as determined by each contracted customer. Each registered user is required to provide Lexplore with a name and an email address to access the software. It is the responsibility of each individual user to manage this information in accordance with local and state laws and policies.
How is information safeguarded?
Lexplore is a signatory to the Student Privacy Pledge, agreeing to a set of principles intended to safeguard student privacy, including responsible stewardship, protection, and transparent handling of student personal information. This means we will:
- Not sell student information
- Not allow behaviorally targeted advertising*
- Use data for authorized education purposes only
- Not change privacy policies without notice and choice**
- Enforce strict limits on data retention, i.e. we will not retain PII beyond the scope of contracted services
- Support parental access to, and correction of errors in, their children’s information
- Provide comprehensive security standards
- Be transparent about collection and use of data
- Only contract with future companies that are consistent with the Pledge principles or allow users a choice to send information to the future entity.
*This applies to both our organization and to 3rd party advertisers.
**A banner will be posted for 30 days on our website in the event of any policy changes.
For more information, please contact us at:
110 White Rock Road
Verona, NJ 07044